Wednesday 22 February 2017

A couple of short trips to the Tees

Just a quick update from the last few days.

When I was out previously, bites became shy as the sun got high, and whilst I knew there was a chub in the last peg I was fishing, it wouldn't take properly. So I threw a few samples in, and vowed to come back after dark. The day after, after getting the kids to bed I had a spare hour or so, so quickly shot the gear in the car and went there. Bait was put on, flicked out, left to settle for a few mins and the light rod tip flew round, resulting in a pleasing 4lb 3oz chub that I had to hold hard to keep out of a snag. Quick photo, and I was en route back home as quickly as I had arrived.

 
Today I had a few hours spare in the afternoon - a quick check on the charts showed a surprising and sudden rise in levels. I figured the water would be warm, so decided I would go to the Tees and 'try' for a barbel. A fresh batch of paste was made up, and this was wrapped round krill boilies to provide an appetising stench for them....



I got to the river to find trees floating downstream, but after wandering I found a few inviting creases that I baited before going back to the start and trying for them. Each of the four swims got an hour. To cut a long story short, I blanked, but I did manage a few chub knocks that I ignored. The usual buzzard was witnessed as well. Still, a nice day to be out, and I don't get disappointed anymore when targeting Tees barbel and blanking.....



No comments:

Post a Comment